Due to COVID-19 and the Garfield County Health Department Order 156-43, Rifle Farmers Market is moving to an online marketplace for the 2020 season.
After researching what other markets in the state and country are doing, we think we have come up with the best possible option for the time being. As much as we would love to be business as usual with the market, we are complying with the county regulations for large gatherings such as a farmers market.
As of now we are asking our potential produce vendors to prepare, to create, a “CSA type” pickup box for the market. Details are as follows:
- Price points for this box are $10, $20 & $30.
- Boxes (bags, baskets, etc.) are assembled by the farmer/vendor
- Boxes or Bags at each price point will be up to the farmers and what they have in stock that week
- Farmers/vendors must let the Farmer’s Market know what will most likely be in the box (Like, “this week Bob’s boxes may contain tomatoes, corn, and apricots, etc.) by Sunday at 5 Pm for the following week. Use this form to tell us what you have available.
- Customers may purchase in advance online Monday through Thursday on the Farmer’s Market website from their farm of choice
- Pick up is every Friday (June 19 – September 4) on the Rifle Middle School lawn (2020 Farmer’s Market location) from 5-7 PM.
- Vendor drop off is 2-4pm on Fridays.
- Add ons are available for a specialty item, artisan item, etc.
Market forms (vendors lacking complete and updated paperwork, or missing any fees will not be allowed to participate)
Each vendor needs to provide filled out and signed copies of the following:
- Market application – PDF Application Available Here or Apply Online
- EBT, Debit, and Credit Card Agreement – Agreement available here
- Expectations of Vendors form – Form available here
- Current City of Rifle Sales Tax License
- Food license (for qualifying vendors)
- Proof of Product Liability and General Liability Insurance
And two SEPARATE checks
- $50 Vendor Fee
- $100 deposit check (to be deposited in the market’s account and re-issued to the vendor by October 31st in the absence of any policy violations for 2020)
All checks should be made out to Rifle Farmers Market. Payments and documents can be mailed to:
Rifle Farmers Market
P.O. Box 424
Rifle, CO 81650
Vendors must have a Rifle Sales Tax License when selling goods. Vendors need to submit copies of these licenses to Rifle Farmers Market.
For your information- Colorado State Sales Tax info
Retail Food and Licensing (food trucks, carts, etc.)
Food must be prepared in a commercial State Health Department approved kitchen and then reheated to serve at the market or sold in preserved form. Vendor setup must include a hand washing station. Each vendor must have an application to Conduct a Special Event Food Facility and Food Booth worksheet in addition to a Temporary/Special event Retail Food Service License available from Garfield County Public Health Department before participating in the market. For assistance with this process please contact:
Colorado Cottage Foods Act
Any potential sale of food products that do not fit under a Retail Food establishment MUST fit under the Colorado Cottage Foods Act. For more information please read the following information or contact Carla Farrand for Garfield County at 970-625-3969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product information– Including baked goods, candy & confections, honey, jams & jellies, teas & spices
National Farmers Market Insurance Program (Optional)
Although optional, we encourage vendors to obtain affordable liability coverage for your booth. Please visit CampbellRiskManagement.com for more information.
Each vendor is responsible for obtaining any and all documentation needed to participate in the market and submitting copies of all relevant paperwork. This page is simply to assist our vendors in their paperwork and application process. Rifle Farmers Market will not obtain documents on a vendor’s behalf.